UPI 123Pay: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) service for feature phones called UPI 123pay for over 400 million feature phone mobile customers in the country.
UP123Pay will allow feature phone users to make digital payments instantly. In this artical, we are going to share details of what is UPI 123pay, its benefits, and how you can make payment using UPI 123pay. so stay tuned
UPI 123Pay Overview:
|Service Name||UPI 123Pay|
|Initiated By||Reserve Bank of India (RBI)|
|Launched By||RBI Governor|
|Beneficiaries||Featured phone user|
|Launch Date||08th March 2022|
|Availability of Service||Active|
UPI 123Pay – Features and Benefits –
123Pay is a means for feature phone holders to do cashless transactions. It is similar to Unified Payments Interface (UPI) and relies on a PIN for successful transactions. However, one major advancement that makes it unique is that it can work without an internet connection, unlike traditional UPI.
Benefits Of UPI 123Pay:
- UPI 123Pay customers will be able to use the feature phone for almost all transactions except Scan & Pay.
- Users can initiate payments to friends and family, pay utility bills, recharge the FAST Tags of their vehicles, pay mobile bills without an internet connection.
- Customers have to link their bank account with the feature phone to use this facility.
- Feature phone users will now transact in multiple ways based on four technical options.
- These include calling IVR (Interactive Voice Response) numbers, app functionality in feature phones, missed call-based approach, and proximity count-based payments.
- Customers will also be able to link bank accounts set or change UPI PIN.
How to create UPI 123Pay ID:
To create a UPI ID on the phone, dial *99#, choose your bank name, and enter the last six digits of your debit card and your card expiry number. After this is done, you will be asked to set up your UPI pin. Now, your UPI ID will be activated.
How to Use UPI 123Pay:
First, users have to link their number with their bank account to use this payment method. Below we share how you can transfer funds through UPI123Pay.
- Dial the IVR number 08045163666 on your phone.
- On the IVR menu, select your preferred language.
- Now, choose the bank linked with UPI
- Press ‘1’ to confirm the details.
- Press ‘1’ to send money by using your mobile number.
- Enter the mobile number of the recipient.
- Confirm the details.
- Now, enter the amount that you want to transfer.
- Enter your UPI PIN and authorize the money transfer.
App-based functionality: An app would be installed on the feature phone through which several UPI functions available on smartphones will also be available on feature phones.
Missed call: This will allow feature phone users to access their bank account and perform routine transactions such as receiving, transferring funds, regular purchases, bill payments, etc., by giving a missed call on the number displayed at the merchant outlet. The customer will receive an incoming call to authenticate the transaction by entering UPI PIN.
Interactive Voice Response (IVR): UPI payment through pre-defined IVR numbers would require users to initiate a secured call from their feature phones to a predetermined number and complete UPI on-boarding formalities to be able to start making financial transactions without an internet connection.
Proximity sound-based payments: This uses sound waves to enable contactless, offline, and proximity data communication on any device.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
UPI 123Pay App Download-
RBI has not launched the UPI 123Pay app, but RBI will soon launch the app for feature phones. We will list down the steps you need to follow to download UPI123Pay on your feature phone.
UPI 123Pay download links will be available in the link below. The link will be initiated soon after the app’s availability.
|IMD Portal||Click Here|