EWS Certificate Application 2022: The Central government of India issued EWS certificates to persons who belong to backward classes and significantly weaker sections. EWS certificate is like an income certificate.
The EWS certificate holder cant take benefit of a reservation of 10% for the EWS section in government jobs and higher educational institutions across the country.
In this article, we share information regarding how you can apply for an EWS Certificate and the application process. If you are trying to apply EWS Certificate, then this article will help you. So read the complete article.
Table of Contents
EWS Certificate Application Form 2022:
|Artical Type||Sarkari yojana|
|yojana Name||EWS (Economically Weaker Section) Certificate|
|Purpose||To authenticate the Eligible Persons under EWS Category|
|Issuing Authority||State or District Administration|
|Benefits of EWS Certificate||10% Reservation in Government Jobs, Admission Seats and other things|
|Aim||To Provide Reservation on the basis of Economical Status|
|How to Apply||On State Portal|
|Applicable in||All India Government Jobs and State Jobs|
|Eligibility for EWS Certificate||Less than Rs 8 Lakhs of Annual Income|
EWS Certificate Benefits
The EWS Certificate holder gets the benefit of the following facility:
- The reservation will assist the financially weak individuals.
- The applicant will be eligible to receive a 10% reservation on Government jobs and Higher education.
- All the major central universities under UGC follow the 10% reservation for admission to the students from the EWS category.
- The beneficiary can take advantage of various subsidy schemes provided by the State and Centre governments.
Eligibility Criteria To Apply EWS Certificate:
- The applicant’s family’s annual income must be less than Rs. 8 lakhs
- Their family cannot have more than 5 acres of farmland
- The size of the residential flat should be less than 1000 square feet
The eligibility criteria of some states may be different, so before applying, check according to your states.
Here is the list of documents you’ll need:
- Passport size photographs
- Address proof
- Income proof
- Identification proof (Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, PAN Card, etc.)
- Domicile certificate
- Notarized self-declaration form
- Bank statements
EWS Certificate Application Process 2022:
There are two ways to apply EWS certificate – online and offline. Below we are giving information about both the methods; you can use them in any way according to you.
EWS Certificate Application Offline Method:
- Visit the nearest Tehsildar office and ask for the application form for the EWS certificate.
- Fill in personal details, family details, contact details, address details, income details, etc., and affix your passport size photograph and other supporting documents.
- You will be provided with a reference number for your application.
- Please ask for the timeline to get an EWS certificate.
- The application will be processed and scrutinized. After careful verification, the certificate will be issued in your favor.
EWS Certificate Application Online Method:
- First, visit State Administration Portal.
- Now Click on Certificates and further select EWS Certificate.
- Register Using your Mobile Number and proceed further.
- Now upload Documents like Self Attestation of Family Income or Land Details.
- Finally, Submit your Form and wait for the administration to approve it.
- After Approval, Download your EWS Certificate and take its printout.
State Wise EWS Certificate Application Form 2022 Link:
|State||EWS Application Form Link|
|Andhra Pradesh||meeseva app|
|Assam||Assam state portal.|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Arunachal eServices portal|
|Gujarat||Digital Gujarat portal.|
|Goa||Goa Online portal.|
|Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Online Seva|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu & Kashmir State e-Services|
|Madhya Pradesh||MP e-District portal.|
|Maharashtra||Aaple Sarkar portal|
|Punjab||State portal of Punjab|
|Uttar Pradesh||e-Saathi web portal|
|Tamil Nadu||Tamil Nadu e-Sevai|
|West Bengal||West Bengal e-District|
FAQs On EWS Certificate Application:
What is the full form of EWS?
The full form of EWS is the Economically Weaker Section
Who is eligible for an EWS Certificate?
All the indian residents who have an Annual Income of less than Rs 8 Lakh and Hold less than 5 Acres of farmland are eligible for EWS Category.
How to Apply Online EWS Certificate?
By visiting the nearest Tehsildar office, you can easily apply for EWS Certificate.