TNPDS Ration Card, Smart Card Status, TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application Form Details, TNPDS Smart Card Status check Online @tndps.gov.in
We all know that a ration card is an essential document released by the government. The beneficiary can take numerous advantages of government schemes by having the ration card.
With the changing times, the government is adopting digitization in all sectors. In this series, the government has also set a goal to make the ration card smart and digital, and TNPDS smart Ration Card is part of this scheme.
In this artical, we share information related to the TNPDS smart card and other details like online ration card status, the process of applying, and how to edit details if already used. So read the complete article to gain this information.
Table of Contents
TNPDS Smart Ration Card:
|Scheme Name||TNPDS Smart Card|
|Initiated By||Tamil nadu Public Distribution System|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Tamil Nadu|
|Aim||Digitalization of Ration Card|
What is a Ration Card?:
A ration card is an official document that the State Government issues to every household. Families can purchase food grains at subsidy rates from the Public Distribution System (PDS).
Commonly Government issues four types of ration cards in India.
- Commodity Cards: These are generally Green or Yellow and are issued to applicants who opt for Rice and other Essential Commodities.
- White Card – This beneficiary will get 3 kg more sugar than the fixed quota.
- No Commodity Card – These cards are issued to those people who are not interested in buying any commodity under the Public Distribution System (PDS).
- Kahki Card – This is only for those serving in the state police up to the rank of Inspector.
What is a Smart Ration Card?
In line with digital India, the State Governments are introducing technology into the ration distribution and have introduced smart ration cards.
The main objective of the smart ration card project is to improve the delivery of providing food grains and other essential items to weak sections of the society at reasonable (subsidized) prices and to exterminate inefficiency in the targeting of beneficiaries.
How to Apply for TNPDS smart Ration Card?:
Required documents to apply for TNPDS Smart Ration Card.
if you want to apply for TNPDS Smart Ration Card, Then the following documents are mandatory while applying TNPDS Digital Ration Card:-
- Aadhar Card of family members
- Pan Card
- Photograph of family members
- Bank passbook of family head
- Caste/Category certificate
- Family Income certificate
- Recent Electricity bill
How to Apply for TNPDS Ration Card?
To apply for a new TNPDS Digital Ration Card, follow the given simple steps to apply for a new digital ration card.
- First of all, visit the official website – tnpds.gov.in
- Then, click on Smart Card / Electronic Card Application Services.
- Click on the link titled “Apply for New Smart Card.”
- Fill in the required details and upload the documents.
- After that, submit the application form.
- Take a printout of a Reference number for further use.
How to check TNPDS Smart Card Status Online?
Procedure to Check Smart Ration Card Application Status:
- Go to the official website at www.tnpds.gov.in
- Click on the link named Electronic Card Services.
- Then, click on the link named Status of Electronic Card Application.
- Fill in the reference number received at the time of application registration.
- Click on the submit button and check the application status.
How to edit details in TNPDS Smart Ration Card Online 2022?
If you want to edit details such as adding a new family member, changing address, removing a family member, requesting status, etc., then follow the given steps to edit details
- visit the official website of TNPDS.
- Then select Smart Card Related Services.
- Choose the option you want to edit.
- Then enter your registered phone number.
- An application form will appear on the screen.
- Enter the details you want to change; that’s it.c